"On a scale of one to ten, I place The Navigators as a 'ten' among para-church ministries today. In my college days, The Navigators taught me the value of a disciplined life. In our Crusades, they developed the unsurpassed follow-up methods we use today. Thank God for The Navigators."
The Navigators® is a non-profit, interdenominational, global organization committed since it's founding in 1933 to the mission “To know Christ, make Him known, and help others do the same™.”
We minister to people in all walks of life in over 100 countries, including many college campus ministries around the United States. The Navigators Collegiate ministry is a dynamic place where college students can grow deeper in Christ, study and learn from the Bible, and communicate their faith to others. Through Bible study and personal mentoring (discipleship), we not only help students study and apply God’s Word, but we also build lasting relationships. The Navigators Collegiate Ministry develops strong community through fun, life-changing events like weekly meetings, conferences, and summer training programs. Through all these we hope to help students become more like Christ and advance His Gospel through the world.
Our vision to see the gospel taken to the corners of the world through ordinary men and women is best captured by Paul's words in 2 Timothy 2:2 "And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others."
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our statement of faith is the core foundation for our ministry. We believe:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- In one God, the Creator; eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and that He was and remains true God and true man.
- That God created Adam and Eve in the divine image; that they sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that, as a result of Adam’s sin, all human beings are now born with a sinful nature and stand guilty before God.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- In the blessed hope of the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells and gives spiritual life to all believers, enables them to understand biblical truth, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.